Facebook

Saturday, August 3, 2013

A treasured Memory

My most treasured memory would have to be the birth of my son. I wasn't one of those people who wanted to be married, or have kids... it all just kind of happened....all at once. :)

He took an awful long time in getting here that's for sure! I had alot of problems being pregnant with him, so I was put on bed rest in Sept...his due date was 11/24...Thanksgiving day that year...So no one was more surprised than I when on 10/17 my water broke....and noooooooo. Couldn't have broken all the way now could it?? Nope...so I called my OB and she told me to come on in to have a look see. Well she had a look see, and it completely broke....hummmm, yea, not going home now am I?? :) About 22 hours later, she told me he was in a bit of a struggle, and if he didn't come out on his own soon, she was going to have to "take" him. 1 1/2 hours later my sweet baby boy was born...no C-section BTW...I fell in love with this tiny bundle of ours straight away. He was so beautiful, and had the perfect nose....then they took him away....I didn't get to see him until the next afternoon. He was 5 weeks early at that point and a bit jaundiced. But everything else was perfect. It finally hit me that I had this beautiful child when they told me he couldn't go home just yet. I cried for 2 hours...who knew someone like me, who didn't really want a child, be so upset that he couldn't come home. It was truly love at first sight!  He stayed in hospital for 4 days before I got to take him home. I was at hospital every day all day until they finally gave the word we could go. The day we finally got to take him home, was the last night of Lamaze class. The day you get to tour the L&D floor. So we're getting him ready in the NICU and we see our class outside the glass. We took him to the window so everyone could see, and while Rob finished getting him ready to go, I went out and spoke to everyone.

14 years later, I am STILL stupid crazy in love with my son, who I now call the man-child. He is funny, smart, and a huge pain in the butt!! A totally normal teenager, and I love him with my very being!!!

So this is my most treasured memory. I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment